Wednesday, December 15, 2010

merci

the out pouring of love and support this past week has been overwhelming. thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

also: we (finally!) got some press, check out these links:

The Edmonton Journal, Edmonton's Nokomis Store To Close in January

The Edmonton Journal, Harsh Economics: Unique Independent Out, Chain Store In

Lola + Emily blog post, Support the Little Guy!



oh, and since everyone has been asking this question: what am i going to do next? i might as well give you the answer! i'm gonna get me a job. i'm updating my resume (after 9 years, i believe) and sending it out. i still love retailing and managing and fashion, so i'm hoping to stick in my field. i would love to have the opportunity to be an entrepreneur again, so i'm hoping to continue to learn as much as i can and perhaps one day i'll give it another go. so basically: i'll keep you all posted! xox.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that whatever you decide to do Jessica, you will be successful. Nokomis is a huge success in that it has educated and inspired so many of us in a city filled with big box chain stores. Nokomis brought heart and soul to fashion, which like so many other art forms and aspects of our culture has been corporatized (think I made that word up but you know what I mean). Can't imagine Edmonton without you and I, for one, am eternally grateful for the education, inspiration, and your incredible support of independent Canadian designers. THANK YOU!!
-Erin-